Thursday 28 November 2013

What's your writing background?

Many writers are brought up with words and the love of books and many come to work in the area in some capacity, and others have qualifications in English (language or literature). Yet many do not. I'm a scientist, and know other scientists who write - strangely this is rarely sci-fi, which has the most knowledgeable and discerning readerhip of any genre. I started writing short stories ten years ago and encouraged the rest of the family to do the same; it was a scheme to get my sons writing. In the end only I stuck at it. I realised my stories were getting longer and darker. They were heading towards the horror novel, which is my main interest now. In case you wondered, I'm the only Jack Orchison in the UK. I'm the one on Google+, with a picture on Picasa, and I'm the inventor with published patents, the scientist with published papers, and the guy with the chemistry PhD thesis. And my two blogs, of course. Plus, I don't have anything to do with that social network beginning with F. Jack Orchison, November 28, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment